(Annie Black) – As you know, last Thursday the Democrats voted 26-16 to strip me of my ability to vote on bills or speak from the floor because I refused to either put on muzzle or PROVE I’d received the COVID vaccine.
Good news: As of last night, I’m now once again allowed to vote on bills on behalf of my constituents.
Bad news: I’m NOT allowed to represent my constituents in the manner I should be allowed to.
More on that in a minute.
But first, let me PROVE this nonsense isn’t about “health” or “science,” but about the government weaponizing masks to enforce compliance. Consider…
1.) When on the floor of the Assembly, we’re socially distanced from each other. Not three-feet, as per the ever-changing revised “recommendations” by the CDC, but six-feet apart.
2.) Every legislator is separated from their colleagues by 4-foot-high plexiglass shields. They might even be bullet-proof for all I know. But that means we’re a heckuva lot safer than sitting in a restaurant, playing blackjack, or rooting on the Golden Knights at the T-Mobile Arena.
3.) According to the Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB), which has been designated by the Democrats to act as the legislative “Vax Police,” 40 of the 42 members of the Assembly have either disclosed they’ve been vaccinated or continue to wear a mask on the floor.
So if everyone on the floor of the Assembly is socially distanced to the max…separated by a impenetrable plexiglass shield…and either masked or vaxxed, how are ANY of them in ANY danger by someone who is unmasked, whether vaxxed or unvaxxed?
Answer: They’re not.
But to take this even further…
To prove this mask nonsense is about compliance and not science, I took a rapid COVID test yesterday morning before going into my office. Guess what?
So I am in no way – none whatsoever! – endangering anyone’s health by choosing not to wear a mask on the floor of the Assembly. But let’s take this even further…
States such as Texas and Florida repealed their mandatory mask orders WEEKS ago. If going maskless was going to cause a new surge in COVID outbreaks, we’d have seen it by now. We haven’t.
Retail stores all across Nevada no longer require masks to enter AND are not checking for “vaccine passports” at the door.
Are people panicked by someone not wearing a mask inside Costco? Are they refusing to play slots on the Strip?
Heck, no. The stores are packed. The casinos are packed. Only the Democrats controlling the Nevada Legislature continue to spread fear and panic over masks.
To be fair, yes, *some* people still fear going out and returning to life as normal. And that’s fine. They’re free to stay home and/or wear a mask if that makes them feel better or safer.
But they have no right to use their fear to infringe on YOUR freedom!
But here’s the real kicker…
At a press briefing last Friday, Biden’s press secretary, Jen “Circle Back” Psaki, announced that visitors to the WHITE HOUSE will not have to prove they’ve been vaccinated before being allowed in!
Nevertheless, Democrats in the Nevada Legislature are still requiring Assembly members – 95% of whom have either confirmed vaccination or are wearing a mask; who are socially distanced and separated by a plexiglass shield; and have TESTED NEGATIVE for COVID – to either wear a mask or produce a vaccine passport.
It’s not about science. It’s about compliance.
It’s not about health. It’s about control.
Sorry, I’m not playing.
This isn’t about me. This is about the very real threat to YOU.
If we don’t stop this nonsense RIGHT NOW before it takes root, you might soon have to produce a vaccine passport to get or keep your job, to travel, or to otherwise get on with your life.
Now, back to the semi-good news…
On Monday night, after being flooded with “Let Annie Vote!” calls and emails from Annie’s Army, the Nevada State Assembly voted unanimously, 41-0, to let me to continue representing my constituents “remotely.”
- No, I didn’t apologize
- No, I didn’t admit I did anything wrong (because I didn’t!)
- No, I will not wear a mask while participating
- No, I will not disclose whether I’ve received the COVID vaccine
- No, I will not present a “vaccine passport”
“Remote participation” means I can watch the floor proceedings on my computer, vote on bills, and speak on issues (providing the Speaker calls on me). Which is better than nothing, but still not good enough.
There is simply NO REASON – at least, no “health” reason backed up by “science” – why I can’t be on the floor of the House Chamber and fully represent you without wearing a stupid mask or producing a vaccine passport.
So I need more calls and emails to the Speaker and Majority Leader demanding they “Let Annie In!” so I’m no longer a “second-class” legislator. Here’s their contact info…
Assembly Speaker Jason Frierson
Phone: (775) 684-8537
Assembly Majority Leader Teresa “TBT” Benitez-Thompson
Phone: (775) 684-8845
To wrap up…
What Speaker Frierson and TBT are doing by putting me in “time out” has nothing to do with “health,” “safety” or “science.” It’s naked, raw politics. It’s revenge. It’s about “putting the little lady in her place and show her who’s boss.”
They tried to break me. But all they did was steel my resolve. I will not submit. I will not comply. I will not give in. I will not surrender.
If it costs me an election next year, so be it. Because this isn’t about me. As Barry Goldwater so famously put it…
“If I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ ‘interests,’ I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”
P.S. Just before sending this AnnieGram out, I got the results back from today’s test…
Still COVID-free. LET…ME…IN!!!
FROM ANNIE-GRAM MAILBAG
- “You’re an (expletive deleted)hole. You should be stripped ‘entirely’ from your job.” – Grace Cowan
- “You are one unpatriotic. unAmerican kookie kunt. find a new country.” – Tim Thomas
- “You got what you deserved no vote and no speech on the floor for being an ignorant jack ass. When the pandemic kills people like you, I celebrate it. We need less ignorant morons on the face of the earth,” – Gonzalez
- “I am thinking about spreading the word about how stupid people like you are, how did you get any votes?” – Grady Burch
- “You are the reason inbreeding needs to be stopped.” – John Bar
* * *
- “I can’t believe the hatred and disgusting comments coming from those that simply don’t agree with you and your views politically. I’m truly shocked and disgusted that people would say such horrible things to another person. This only happens online because they’d never have the courage to say anything like that to your face.” – Michelle Murlin
- “It’s sad that you have received so many hateful comments. I want you to know that I, as an American, appreciate your courage to speak out concerning the violation of our rights.” – Kathryn Van Blaricum-Hornaday
- “Your act of defiance was truly heroic and for that I applaud you. The response from your punishers was nothing short of cowardice and showed their allegiance to a prejudiced movement serving only to further empower the government to the detriment of our way of life.” – Steve Drescher
- “The coercion and suppression are nauseating, while your willingness to stand up and fight for all of us is a breath of fresh air. You are doing a phenomenal job of informing and activating voters across Nevada, as well as setting a great example for your colleagues. I wholeheartedly applaud you for it!” – Denise Vaughn
- “I am a registered Libertarian but giving serious consideration to registering Republican. I heard about your conflict in Carson City and was INSPIRED! KEEP FIGHTING THEM. Their policies are terrible!” – Chris Roberts
- “Thank you for standing up for what is right. Don’t be bullied or back down against leftist b.s. We live in Texas and wish there were more people like you here. You’re beautiful inside and out, so don’t listen to the negativity of ignorant people.” – Steve Kitsos
- “I live across the country in Virginia, but I wanted you to know I am supporting you in maintaining the privacy of your protected health information, and I think it is despicable that your colleagues are bullying you in an effort to force and/or coerce your unwilling disclosure of personal health information.” – Elizabeth M
- “I wish that I had an elected official that would stand up for me the way that you did. I would like to thank you for your bravery and courage in what you did. Please continue to fight for us and for America.” – Dannie McFarland, Cambridge, VT
QUOTES OF THE DAY
“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she’ll keep the House floor mask mandate until there is proof all lawmakers are vaccinated, scoffing at ‘an honor system.’ The California Democrat also blamed Republicans as untrustworthy vaccine holdouts and said she may eventually force them to vote in a separate location from the House floor.” – Washington Examiner, 5/25/21
“I’ve just made my own personal decision that I’m not getting vaccinated cause I’ve already had the disease, and I have natural immunity now.” – U.S. Sen. Rand Paul
“There is no justification for taking away individuals’ freedom in the guise of public safety.” – Thomas Jefferson
“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.” – Thomas Jefferson
“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“We shall never surrender.” – Winston Churchill
Annie Black is the Nevada State Assemblywoman representing District 19. You can get more information and subscribe to her AnnieGram newsletter by visiting www.AnnieBlack.net