(Annie Black) – I’ve made no secret that I think my opponent’s record in office stinks on ice. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be running against him. Here are my three biggest problems with him…
1.) The only time the voters of District 19 ever seem to see or hear from Assemblyman Chris Edwards is election time. Otherwise, he’s “The Invisible Man.”
2.) His tax-and-spend voting record is far more liberal than it should be representing a district with such a big GOP registration advantage.
3.) You just can’t trust anything he says. Used car salesmen are more believable – no offense to used car salesmen!
For example, in a recent campaign mailer Chris advertises “Jobs” as one of his issues, writing: “Get Nevadans Back to Work.”
Yet he didn’t say a word about the #SisolakShutdown that killed a half-million Nevada jobs for almost TWO MONTHS – only finally speaking up after seeing hundreds of people turn out for my “Reopen Nevada” rallies.
In another mailer, Chris advertises himself as: “The Leader with Integrity that Nevada Needs.”
Integrity? This is the guy who secretly recorded and had the phones tapped of his conservative legislative colleagues!
In all too many races, voters are right in saying “there ain’t a dime’s worth of difference” between the two candidates.
That’s NOT the case in this Assembly District 19 race. The differences are night and day. The choice is crystal clear…
If you want to be represented by somebody in Carson City who…
- You rarely hear from and can never find (and maybe doesn’t even live in our district)
- Is the only “Republican” endorsed by the liberal Las Vegas Sun!
- Will tell you one thing on the campaign trail and do the opposite in Carson Cit
- Is a big-government Republican who votes for higher budgets & taxes
- Takes no solid positions on issues
- Refused to call for a Special Session to limit the damage of the #SisolakShutdown
- Has no plan whatsoever for digging us out of the budget hole Sisolak has put us in
- Supports the Democrats’ dream of all-mail elections
- Goes along to get along with the political establishment, lobbyists & special interests
- Wire-tapped his fellow conservative colleagues & falsely accused them of “extortion”
- Was largely responsible for the largest tax hike in state history
- Voted for taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood
- Was the ONLY vote against a bill to protect puppies used in animal testing!
…vote for Chris Edwards.
If you want someone better to represent you in Carson City, vote for Annie Black!
P.S. In case you missed my campaign AnnieGrams in the mail, you can access all nine of them by clicking on the links below…
- AnnieGram #1: Why the June 9 GOP Primary REALLY IS the Most Important Election of Our Time
- AnnieGram #2: You Have a CLEAR Choice Between a Tax Hiker & a Tax Cutter for Assembly District 19
- AnnieGram #3: Here’s Your Best Chance to Dump a Double-Talking, Fork-Tongued Politician
- AnnieGram #4: There’s “Negative” Campaigning…and then There’s Cesspool Sewage & Threats
- AnnieGram #5: “We Know Chris Edwards is Bad, but Why are You Better?”
- AnnieGram #6: My Debate with Assemblyman Edwards (sort of)
- AnnieGram #7: Don’t Take My Word for It about Chris Edwards Starring in “The Wire,” Here’s What Conservatives He Falsely Accused have to Say About It
- AnnieGram #8: Black’s Blueprint: 7 Steps for Rebuilding Nevada
- AnnieGram #9: Finally, a Conservative Representative You Can Actually Find…and TRUST!
Also, you can access any and all separate email AnnieGrams from the campaign by clicking here
From the AnnieGram Mailbag
“He (Chris Edwards) came to my door last election. I asked him to come to the Women’s Republican luncheon to speak. He said, ‘I don’t have time.’ Yup…lost me then and lost me NOW!” – Heather Stamer
“This endorsement (of Edwards) by this so-called ‘newspaper’ (liberal Las Vegas Sun) will work in your favor, Annie Black. It’s the reverse effect. Thinking people look at it and say, ‘Yecch! If that’s what they praise then the opponent must be good!’” – John Kawano
“Not sure why y’all other campaigners want to keep attacking Annie Black. Seems y’all are digging in a pond of mud trying to find solid dirt on one amazing lady! Do you even really know her, because I do, and I feel like she is more for the people than any of her opponents! Sounds like to me that y’all are running scared because you know she’s got you beat hands down!” – Nanette Boo Perri
“I VOTED FOR ANNIE.” – Terrance Rich
“As a former Nevada Assemblyman, you have my 100% support Annie Black.” – John Moore
“I’m a Latter Day Saint and I am voting for you, Annie.” – Emily Ellsworth Wollenzien
“Thanks Annie. Keep up the good work. We already voted for you.” – Dave Tracy
“Wow, you got my vote!! I love that you are a girl that doesn’t back down.” – Brenda Groelle
“Our house is voting for Annie Black.” – John White
Annie Black is a Mesquite City Councilwoman and Republican candidate for Nevada State Assembly District 19. You can get more information by visiting www.electannieblack.com